Labour Candidate for Crediton Division is:
Labour Party Candidate for Creedy, Taw and Mid Exe Division is:
Press Release for John Ross
John Ross: Labour Party Candidate for Creedy, Taw and Mid Exe.
I have been a self employed craftsman living and working in rural Mid Devon for the last 25 years. I am also the elected Treasurer of the forthcoming reforming Mid Devon Branch of the Labour Party. There are a few of the issues that are close to my heart.
I understand the difficulties that the growing number of self employed people and small and micro businesses face. I would look to find ways to encourage and assist these and local business interests, which in turn can only improve the prosperity of the region, and the working conditions of people employed locally.
I would do everything in my power to encourage the availability of social housing for local people living and working in the region. I would encourage the building of Council owned housing, housing association and cooperative not for profit housing ventures.
I would be looking closely at how new house building enterprises impact on the environment and whether their plans are truly viable in the light of our crumbling and under funded infrastructure.
Devon Labour's priorities are:
- Defending Devon’s health services from privatisation and making sure people in Devon receive good services at hospital and at home
- Working to make sure Devon gets the best possible deal when we leave the EU - we must protect the people of Devon
- Campaigning for the real living wage, opposing regional pay, ending zero hours contracts and resisting further privatisation of Council services
- Improving people’s skills, promoting enterprise and encouraging the creation of sustainable jobs, giving priority to opportunities for young people
- Ensuring services for elderly and vulnerable people are of high quality
- Protecting early years’ provision, opposing the extension or creation of grammar schools, ensuring all Devon children have access to a good school, and campaigning for increased investment in education and fair funding for Devon’s pupils
- Promoting environmentally sustainable policies at all levels
If you would like to see a summary of the 2017 Devon Labour Manifesto which I will be supporting, it is available on the Central Devon Constituency Labour Party web site at:
Published by: John Ross: 3 Victoria Place, Pounds, Crediton, Devon EX17 1DS Published on behalf: Central Devon Constituency Labour Party: Chair person: Lisa Robillard: Bramley House, 37a Fore Street, Bovey Tracey, Devon TQ13 9AD
John Ross, 3 Victoria Place, Pounds, Crediton, Devon EX17 1DS
Published on behalf:
Central Devon Constituency Labour Party:
Chair person: Lisa Robillard:
Bramley House, 37a Fore Street Bovey Tracey, Devon TQ13 9AD