These elections will see Labour setting out plans to deal with the cost-of-living crisis. Hardworking Britain will be better off with Labour.
David Cameron can’t solve the crisis because he stands up for a privileged few not working people and the Liberal Democrats are part of the problem not part of the solution.
For you and your family, Britain can do better. So vote Labour next Thursday to make Britain better than this.
- For years now, people have been unhappy with the way things are. The privileged few at the top have done OK, but for most people life’s been getting harder and harder.
- This Thursday you can elect Labour Members of the European Parliament and Labour councillors to make Britain better than this. And then in less than a year from now, you can elect a Labour government.
- Britain can do better than this if we build a country that works for all and not just a few vested interests.
- Britain can do better than this if we restore the promise that the next generation can do better than the last.
- And Britain can do better than this by putting the right principles back at the heart of our public services.
You can't trust the Tories with the NHS
More patients are waiting longer, and there is a crisis in A&E – in the last 12 months, almost a million people have waited more than four hours to be seen; more people are having to wait on trolleys before being admitted; and more people are being kept in ambulance queues outside A&E.
David Cameron scrapped Labour’s guarantee of a GP appointment within 48 hours – and now 60 per cent of patients say they can’t see their GP within two days.
Thousands of nurses and frontline staff have been lost from the NHS since David Cameron became Prime Minister. Experts say that A&Es don’t have safe staffing levels. Treatments like cataract and knee operations are being rationed.
David Cameron is responsible for the crisis in our NHS. He wasted £3 billion and caused chaos with a damaging NHS reorganisation he promised wouldn’t happen that has left nearly 4,000 NHS managers being laid off and then rehired, many on six-figure salaries. His reforms put private profits before patient care, tying hospitals up in competition law.
Hardworking Britain will be better off with Labour
Labour rescued the NHS after years of Tory neglect before. We’ll do it again.
We'll guarantee a GP appointment within 48 hours, and the same day for those who need it.
We'll repeal David Cameron's NHS changes that put private profit before patients, so that NHS professionals can focus on your care, not competition law.
We'll give patients and the public a say when changes to local services are proposed.
We'll bring together physical health, mental health and social care into a single service to meet all of a person’s care needs – whole person care, built around patients, not bureaucrats.